Solutions for Controlling Humidity in Your Katy Home
Excess moisture in your home’s indoor air can cause a number of serious issues for you and your family. Air that is too dry, however, can present significant problems as well. Your local Katy air conditioning service company can often provide expert guidance on the most effective ways to control humidity throughout your Texas home. Here are some essential facts about managing humidity for optimal comfort during every season of the year.
Issues Caused by Excess Humidity
Too much moisture in your indoor air can lead to a number of unwanted side effects that can significantly affect the comfort and health of your family. Some of the most common negative effects of excessive indoor humidity include the following:
- – High humidity levels can increase the subjective temperature levels inside your Katy home, forcing you to turn down the thermostat to remain cool during the heat of the summer months. This can lead to increased air conditioning bills and reduced comfort for you and your family.
– Mold and mildew can grow easily in areas with excess moisture. This can allow the buildup of these contaminants in your ductwork and other parts of your heating and cooling system. Mold is especially dangerous for those with respiratory conditions like asthma, COPD and severe allergies. Taking steps to remediate a mold incursion is essential to stay comfortable and healthy inside your home.
– Excessive humidity can cause swelling and warping for wood components of your home. In some cases, this damage can lead to structural problems that may require the attention of a professional contractor and could cost thousands of dollars to repair.
Working with an established Katy HVAC repair company can help you to spot the warning signs of too much humidity before they develop into threats to the comfort and health of your family or to the structural integrity of your home.
Risks Associated with Low Humidity
Indoor air that is overly dry can cause irritation of the sinuses for sensitive members of your family. Low humidity levels can also cause damage to fine artworks, older books and certain musical instruments. Maintaining a healthy level of humidity can make your home a more pleasant place to live. Discussing your situation with a qualified Katy A/C repair firm can help you identify the most effective solutions for your home and your financial situation.
Solutions for Managing Humidity Levels
A number of low-tech and modern solutions are available that can offer added control over humidity levels inside your Katy home. Some of the most popular choices include the following:
- – Box and ceiling fans can create air movement to reduce humidity and to lower the subjective temperature inside your home.
- – On a larger scale, ventilation systems can keep air circulating through your home to reduce the chance of moisture buildup and to keep temperatures and humidity levels more comfortable during hot summer days.
- – Replacing your air conditioning system with a newer model can allow you to take advantage of modern technologies that can control humidity levels more effectively without added equipment.
- – Dehumidifiers and humidifiers are designed to subtract or add moisture to indoor air. These systems work with your current heating and cooling system to allow precise control over the humidity levels inside your Katy home.
Some companies manufacture add-on systems designed to provide added dehumidifying power for existing air conditioning systems. Consulting with your Katy air conditioning service professional can help you determine if these devices are right for your specific set of needs.
At All Cool A/C & Heating, we specialize in providing residents of Katy, Sugar Land and the Houston metropolitan area with top-quality heating and cooling services designed to tame even the worst Texas heat waves. We can provide you with practical solutions for excess humidity to ensure the best indoor air quality and the greatest comfort for you and your family. Give us a call today at 281-238-9292. We look forward to the chance to serve your heating and cooling needs.